3062: Wellness Policy - Staff
The service unit is committed to providing an educational environment that enhances learning and the development of lifelong wellness.
- ESU 4 will provide educational activities staff members on healthy lifestyle behaviors, eating, physical activity, and injury prevention.
- Staff members will model application of nutritional standards for foods and beverages in front of students.
- Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited on all school grounds by students, staff members, and school visitors.
- Staff members are encouraged to join in with students during times of physical activity.
- Periodic screening for blood pressure, height, weight, and body mass index is available.
- Annual administration of a Personal Health Assessment to help staff members establish personal health-improvement goals is provided.
- Staff members are encouraged to set medical appointments for screening for cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other diseases.
- Employee Assistance Programs are available through National Insurance Services.
- The Wellness Council will meet regularly to have an ongoing assessment process to update and improve the effectiveness of the staff wellness plan.
- Staff members are encouraged to participate in stress reducing activities as needed.
Adopted on: June 10, 2013
Revised on: Aug. 12, 2019
Reviewed on: ________________________